What is Python?
Python is a powerful and general purpose programming language developed by the guido van rossum in 1989.
Guido van rossum developed python language at mathematical research institute called 'CWI' that is located in Netherlands.
Guido developed python language by taking the different language features like
- Procedure oriented programming language---> C
- Object Oriented Programming Language----> C++, Java
- Scripting Language--->Sheell Script, Perl
- Modular programming Language---> modula-3
Guido van rossum make it available python language to the public 1991
By using python Language we can do the following tasks:
- GUI Application Development
- Web Application Development
- Data Analytics
- Task Automatons
- Test Cases Implementation
- Scientific Application Development
- Network application Development
- Gaming application development
Most of the people is saying python is a scripting Language because the way of developing python applications and execution of python applications are similar to the scripting language.
Difference between Programming and Scripting LanguageScripting Language:
- Scripting Language are interpreter based languages.
- Scripting Language programs or application explicit compilation is not required
- Scripting Language Programs or application directly we can run
- Scripting Language programs or applications takes longer time to execute..
- ex.. Shell Script, Perl...
- Programming language are compiler based languages
- It requires explicit Compilation
- Programmings languages or applications we can not run without compiling.
- Programming Languages or applications takes less time to execute
- Ex-c, C++, Java....