Introduction Of JDBC.
Java Database Connectivity or in Short JDBC is a Technology that enables the Java Program to Manipulate data stored into the Database.
JDBC is a Java Application Programming Interface that allows the Java Programmers to access database management system from Java Code. It was developed by JavaSoft, a subsidiary of Sun Microsystems.
Watch Java Videos
Definition Of JDBC
JDBC is a Java Api which enables the java Programmers to execute SQL statements. It is an Application Programming interface that defines how a Java programmer can access the database in Tabular format from Java Code using set of standard Interface and classes written in Java Programming Language.
Java Database Connectivity(JDBC) is similar to Open Database Connectivity(ODBC) which is used for accessing and managing database, But the difference is that JDBC is Designed specially for Java Programmers, whereas ODBC is not depend upon any language.
JDBC helps Programmers to write java applications that manage these three programming activities:
- It helps us to connect to a Data Source like Database.
- It helps us to sending queries and updating statements to the database
- Retrieving and processing the results received from the database in term of answering to your query.
- The JDBC 1.0 API
- The JDBC 1.2 API
- The JDBC 2.0 Optional Package API
- The JDBC 2.1 Core API
- The JDBC 3.0 API
- The JDBC 4.0 API
Note: Guys if you wants to know features of every version then please do comment at end of the post.
Feature Of JDBC 4.0
- Auto Loading of JDBC Driver Class
- Connection Management Enhancement
- Support of RowId
- Sql Exception Handling Enhancement
- DataSet Implementation of Sql using Annotations.
- Sql XML Support
In Next Post we will Talk little about Database...
Thanks and Keep Visiting...